The Samburu Game Reserve is situated on the banks of the Ewaso Ngiro River in the dry northern reaches of Kenya. It is a hot and arid area characterized by a parched landscape of hills and plains. The presence, however, of the river and its shady trees attracts a large number of wildlife. This safari provides you with an opportunity to see wildlife that only lives in the dry northern regions of Kenya. Come explore Africa with us!
- You'll be collected from the airport (or hotel).
- Accommodation before the tour departs can be arranged for an extra cost.
You will depart Nairobi, in the morning, passing through the agricultural farmlands on the slopes of Mt. Kenya. You will arrive at the semi-arid and open savannah plains of Samburu Game Reserve in time for lunch. After lunch you will take off for your first exciting game drive in the park. Later in the evening you will check-in to either the Ashnil Samburu Camp, Samburu Game Lodge, Samburu Sopa Lodge or something similar for dinner and your overnight stay.
After an early morning breakfast you will embark on a full day of game viewing in the park. This park is known as the place for the Samburu semi-nomadic tribesmen, the reticulated giraffe, the Gravy’s zebra gerenuk, beisa oryx and a host of big game including elephant and lion. Later in the evening you will return to your accommodations for dinner and your overnight stay.
After a very early breakfast you will check-out and leave Samburu, taking a scenic drive to the west across the Lerochi Plateau with a packed lunch to enjoy along the way. You will descend to the floor of the Great Rift Valley arriving in the early morning. You will head south through the shallow soda Lake Bogoria with its beautiful scenery and majestic pink flamingos. You will arrive at the hot springs and geysers in time for lunch. After lunch you will proceed to Lake Nakuruto view more of the water way inhabits and more than a million flamingos. The Lake Nakuru National Park has a Rhino sanctuary and provides you with the chance to view other animals like the lion, buffalo, waterbuck, warthog and hippo. You will check-in to the Lake Nakuru Lodge or similar later in the evening where you will have dinner and turn in for the night.
After breakfast you will check-out of the lodge and make your way back to Nairobi with a stopover for some amazing panoramic views of the Great Rift Valley. The is also an optional stop over for boat ride in Lake Naivasha. You will arrive in Nairobi late in the afternoon. (Optional lunch at the Carnivore Restaurant: US$ 45 per person). You will be dropped off at the airport to board your homebound flight. This is where your safari will end.
- Main Destination:
- Nairobi Airport
- No accommodation (End of tour)
- Meals & Drinks:
- Breakfast & lunch (Dinner not included)
- Drinking water (Other drinks not included)
- Additional accommodation can be arranged for an extra cost.
- You'll be dropped off at the airport (or hotel).
- Park fees (For non-residents)
- All activities (Unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation (Unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (Unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals (As specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water (On all days)
- International flights (From/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips (Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
- Some meals (As specified in the day-by-day section)