Ol-Pejeta & Samburu Safari explores Samburu Game Reserve located in what used to be called the Northern Frontier District. The reserve reserve is renowned for its rare species of animals unique to the park. Sweetwaters/Ol Pejeta Conservancy is East Africa’s Largest Black Rhino Sanctuary, the only place in Kenya to see chimpanzees. Game drives at Sweetwaters are indeed a pleasure. Game viewing may also take the form of game walks accompanied by our Resident Naturalist, and game rides on horseback.
- You'll be collected from the airport (or hotel).
- Accommodation before the tour departs can be arranged for an extra cost.
Pick up and drive to Samburu on the south bank of the Uaso Nyiro River, North of the Equator some of the animals and vegetation are a little different from those commonly found south, take a few minutes relaxing proceed for the evening game drive which will bring you to the elephant bedroom tower. The Uaso Nyiro River cuts through this reserve, drawing a big population of Kenya animals to the park. The river bustles with activity from its huge population of Nile crocodile. The reserve's topography is mainly open savannah (grassland) with clusters of acacia trees, forest, thorn trees and grassland. Samburu reserve was one of the two areas in which conservationists George and Joy Adamson raised Elsa the Lioness. Their story was made famous by the bestselling book and award-winning movie "Born Free". Other Kenyan wildlife present in the park includes cheetahs and lions, elephants, buffalo and hippos. The elusive Kenya leopard is often known to visit the park, especially in the evenings.
After breakfast, morning and afternoon game drive exploring this amazing game reserve, it gives you the refreshment of your mind as the park is not populated and not many people visits here, we have concentration of the Its home to the big five, Elephant, Lion, Rhino, Leopard, Buffalo, Gerenuk, Reticulated Giraffe, Somali Ostrich, Gravy Zebra, Besia Oryx, Endangered Wild Dog as well as Pun cake Tortoise - Endangered. There are over 450 species of birds identified and aquatic species in the Waso Nyiro River including, vultures, kingfishers, marabous, bateleurs, guinea fowl, Somali ostriches and others. Bird life is as plentiful as wildlife at Samburu National Reserve, which boasts over 350 different species of birds including vultures, kingfishers, marabous, bateleurs, guinea fowl, Somali ostriches and others. Return to the camp or Lodge for dinner and overnight.
Breakfast, drive to Olpejeta sanctuary to arrive at the camp for lunch, afternoon game drive with the combination of amazing wildlife and stunning views across the open plains of OlPejeta guarantees an unforgettable safari experience. Visit the Chimpanzee Sanctuary, a charming haven established by the Jane Goodall Institute to provide sanctuary to orphaned chimps, and the specially protected and fenced refuge of black rhino with its stunning forty specimens! Enjoy a game drive in the park where one could see reticulated giraffe, common, or Burchell's, zebra, African elephant, Cape Buffalo, warthogs, Waterbucks, Jacksons Hartebeest, Lion, Cheetah, Leopard, Steinbok, Striped Hyena, Suni, Thomson's Gazelle and Impala. Over 500 species of birds have been recorded including the Ostrich. Nature walks in the company of our resident naturalist
- Night Game drives in our fleet of open-sided 4WD safari vehicles
- Chimpanzee Sanctuary
- Bird watching/Camel rides / Lion tracking.
After breakfast, have a morning game drive where you will search for shy cat (the leopard) and other plain game before returning to Nairobi. Lunch available at an extra cost.
- Main Destination:
- No accommodation (End of tour)
- Meals & Drinks:
- Breakfast (Lunch & dinner not included)
- Drinking water (Other drinks not included)
- Additional accommodation can be arranged for an extra cost.
- You'll be dropped off at the airport (or hotel).
- Park fees (For non-residents)
- All activities (Unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation (Unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (Unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals (As specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water (On all days)
- International flights (From/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips (Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
- Some meals (As specified in the day-by-day section)